Adding fields to users

Hi,
Is possible to add more fields to FBA users?
I am using sharepoint2010FBA and it's working fine but I need more fields for my users.
How to do it?

Thanks
At the moment there's no easy straightforward way of doing it, you have to modify the source code.
ccoulson wrote:
At the moment there's no easy straightforward way of doing it, you have to modify the source code.
Thanks for your fast answer.

Is there an easy way to store the additional information in a list and créate and ítem when a new user is registered?
Usually I create additional fields in the sharepoint's built in user information list. And then I just add those fields to the membership request web part.
Thanks. Can you tell me what elements I need to edit for add fields and store in SharePoint list?
There's lots of places that need to be changed. I'd probably just search the code for "email" - which should show all the locations we use for updating the email address. Then just copy that logic for your custom fields.
Thanks. I read that email is stored in User database so I think it's better use a field like last name.

As I know the additional information are stored in User Profile, I have to add this fields in SharePoint or they will be created automatically in the Solution code?
Email is actually stored in both. All of the fields are stored in the user information list.

I usually check for the required fields on the feature activation. If they aren't there, I add them in the code.
Thanks. Is there any field that is creating if doesn't exist in User Profile? If there is someone I can't copy the code for my own field