Adding Membership & Password reset to Default or Custom login page (/_forms)

I have download the latest FBA pack. After reading all the posts I am trying to add the request and reset parts to the FBA OOTB login page. I have branded the default login page for FBA /_forms. I have added the

<%@ Register TagPrefix="FBA"Namespace="Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication" Assembly="Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d" %>

at the top of the page where all the other registrations appear and

<FBA:MembershipRequestWebPart frametype="None" chrometype="None" id="PasswordWebPart" runat="server" groupName="visitor" HipErrorMessage="<br>The characters do not match the picture" CaptchaValidation="True" AutoGeneratePassword="True" />

on the page where I want the request to appear. The part appears fine and would appear to submit but I don't see the requests in the approval list once I login.

I then changed out the request web part for the password reset

<FBA:PasswordRecoveryWebPart runat="server" />

and all appears fine but when run all the FBA accounts become orphaned and have to be delete and recreated.

Am I right to add these features to the login page, I get the impression that don't seam touching the FBA data. The FBA pack works fine in all other cases. I'm not sure if this is the correct page to edit or should I be creating my own login page frow scratch. Many Thanks in advance for any advice
The membership request approvals are at the site collection level, while the login page is at the web application level. I'm thinking maybe you have the settings set in a child site collection, while attempting to login to the root site collection. ie your site collection (and fba pack settings) is at: www.server.com/mysitecollection, but you are just logging into www.server.com. Otherwise what you're doing should work.

Also, make sure that 'Review Membership Requests' is checked on the fba site configuration page.

Finally, make sure that the secure token service web.config membership provider entries match those in the the machine.config/web application web.config. If those don't match, it could give you the problems listed. (However if the fba pack administration pages and web parts are working fine on the site collection, this should be ok).