App_GlobalResources\FBAPackWebPages.resx never appears, errors using settings links

I have the very similar symptom that cpost had in this discussion: After installing, error trying to open FBA Site Configuration discussion 389728

If I click any of the FBA links in "Users and Permissions" I receive "The resource object with key 'xxx' was not found." (where xxx is the option I am attempting to access. For instance, UserMgmt_Title.)

However, cpost's solution didn't work for me. I've undeployed, deployed, activated, tried the aforementioned discussion's "Retracting the solution in Central Admin (Farm Solutions) and redeploying," but nothing seems to goad the system into populating the App_GlobalResources.

Any idea what might be going on? ULS was not helpful, basically telling me the same exception.
"Name=Request (GET:https://www.iflgroup.info:443/_layouts/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx) 8f33f08d-a453-46da-a370-8b5d547d39c4
Runtime tkau Unexpected System.Web.HttpException: The resource object with key 'ResetPasswordContextMenuText' was not found. "...

Forms users ARE working, and I can log into sharepoint with the FBA users already in the database.
I manually copied the files
FBAPackWebPages.en-US.resx
FBAPackWebPages.resx
FBAPackWebPages.zh-CN.resx
FBAPackWebPages.zh-HK.resx
into the App_GlobalResources folder from the Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.wsp and this seems to have worked.
Will this cause me grief in the future?
Should I press forward in trying to get the deployment to work correctly?
Unfortunately, I would guess that manually copying the files will cause you grief in the future - especially when it comes time to upgrade to a newer version.

If you do a deploy from powershell, do you get any errors?

When you look at the solutions in central admin, does it show as deployed to the web applications you're going to use it on?

Do you have multiple SharePoint servers? If so, does central admin show it as deployed to all of the servers.

And finally, is the Forms Based Authentication Managenment feature enabled on the site collection?
If you do a deploy from powershell, do you get any errors?
Nope. deploying and undeploying both seem to go off without a hitch.

When you look at the solutions in central admin, does it show as deployed to the web applications you're going to use it on?
Yes. I've also retracted and redeployed from there and there are no errors.

Do you have multiple SharePoint servers? If so, does central admin show it as deployed to all of the servers.
No, its one server, though there are several sharepoint sites on the one server. They show as deployed to all the servers.

And finally, is the Forms Based Authentication Managenment feature enabled on the site collection?
Yes. I've tried turning it on and off and that didn't make a difference.
Are there any errors in the ULS logs when you deploy? I'm not sure what would prevent it from deploying completely. Maybe some type of permissions issue? If you happen to have a separate SharePoint installation on a different machine and see if it works there, because the only thing I can think of is that there is something funky with your SharePoint environment.