Changed the passwordFormat to Hashed from Clear and cannot login anymore

After changing the passwordFormat from clear to Hashed, i can still create users and their passwords show in a non readable format in database.

But when i login, i get the following error:

The server could not sign you in. Make sure your user name and password are correct, and then try again.

I checked all the web.config files and looks fine.

<add name="Walmart" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="FBA" enablePasswordReset="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="true" applicationName="Walmart" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="8" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="3"

Thanks

Your settings look ok.  The user is probably locked out.  I suggest logging into SharePoint as an administrator and looking up the user in the FBA User Management page - you can unlock them if they're locked out, and/or reset their password as well if needed.

saw in the database, the IsApproved was '0'. so approved the user and it worked like a charm! thanks again!