Does password change webpart allow AD password change?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful package. I followed the documentation and was able to install/upgrade the FBA pack without issue. I do have two questions to ask and really appreciate it if you can shed some lights.

1) Password change webpart works very well with FBA user but it doesn't seem to work for AD user. Is this by design or I need to first fix something else first in SP configuration?

2) I have several site collections sharing one single SQL membership database. I can create/delete FBA user account on site collection A without problem. But on other site collections, I can still see the deleted accounts under 'FBA user management'.  Clicking on the deleted user entry will get me 'user not found' error. It seems that other site collections still use cached FBA user information. Does 'FBA user management' get its user list directly from FBA database?  aspnet_Users table query result clearly shows that user deleted from Site A Webpage no longer exists in the table.

Thanks

Rui

1) Unfortunately this is by design. Currently the pack only works with FBA users.  Add this an issue to the Issue Tracker and i'll consider it for a future release.

2) The User Management screen combines the data from the membership database with SharePoint's user list.  What I believe you're seeing is the SharePoint user that doesn't have a matching user in the membership database.  Raise this as an issue in the Issue Tracker and i'll look at cleaning it up in a future release.

After you create the issues, could you please add links from from this discussion to them so that other users that see this can view their status.

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you very much Chris for your prompt response! I have created two separate issues in Issue Tracker
     1) Password Change for Active Directory user:  http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/workitem/265
     2)Clean up deleted user accounts shown up in different site: http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/workitem/266

Rui
ccoulson wrote:

1) Unfortunately this is by design. Currently the pack only works with FBA users.  Add this an issue to the Issue Tracker and i'll consider it for a future release.

2) The User Management screen combines the data from the membership database with SharePoint's user list.  What I believe you're seeing is the SharePoint user that doesn't have a matching user in the membership database.  Raise this as an issue in the Issue Tracker and i'll look at cleaning it up in a future release.

After you create the issues, could you please add links from from this discussion to them so that other users that see this can view their status.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

If you add AD change/reset password feature into FBA, then i think FIM 2010 will not be useful at least if what you want from a web-based AD password management perspective !

Thanks for great program,

User management screen fix has been applied in release 1.0.3.