Emails are not going out to the registered users using with FBA Pack

Hello,

I configured SharePoint Form Based Authentication reference with http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/documentation/

Everything is okay but emails are not going out to the registered users. How to configure mail for FBA pack. For sending mails what code you people implemented ?.

Whenever a user Requested for membership 'Membership Pending ' mail not going to the registered users. like Approved Membership request and password recovery mails also not going to registered users. I mean Registered users are not getting mails about their Membership Status.

Thanks & Regards

MD.Liakath Ali

You need to configure SharePoint's email settings.  Check here for full instructions:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288949.aspx

Specifically, you'll want to:

Configure outgoing e-mail for a farm

You can configure outgoing e-mail for a farm by using the SharePoint Central Administration Web site or by using the Stsadm command-line tool. Use the following procedures to configure outgoing e-mail. After you complete the procedures, end users can track changes and updates to individual site collections. In addition, site administrators can, for example, receive notices when users request access to a site.

To configure outgoing e-mail for a farm by using Central Administration

1. Verify that you have the following administrative credentials: You must be a member of the Farm Administrators group on the computer that is running the SharePoint Central Administration Web site.

2. In Central Administration, click System Settings.

3. On the System Settings page, in the E-Mail and Text Messages (SMS) section, click Configure outgoing e-mail settings.

4. On the Outgoing E-Mail Settings page, in the Mail Settings section, type the SMTP server name for outgoing e-mail (for example, mail.example.com) in the Outbound SMTP server box.

5. In the From address box, type the e-mail address as you want it to be displayed to e-mail recipients.

6. In the Reply-to address box, type the e-mail address to which you want e-mail recipients to reply.

7. In the Character set list, select the character set that is appropriate for your language.

8. Click OK.

Configure outgoing e-mail for a specific Web application

You can configure outgoing e-mail for a specific Web application by using the Central Administration Web site or by using the Stsadm command-line tool. Use the following procedures to configure outgoing e-mail. After you complete the procedures, end users can track changes and updates to individual site collections. In addition, site administrators can, for example, receive notices when users request access to a site.

note Note:

If you want to configure outgoing e-mail for a specific Web application, you must first configure the default outgoing e-mail for all Web applications in the farm. If you configure the outgoing e-mail for a specific Web application, that configuration will override the default configuration for all Web applications in the farm.

Hi ccoulson

Mails are not going even though i configured everything correctly. I receive mail when i add users in sharepoint groups in the web application which confirms mail configuration is working perfectly. Please helpl
Have you tried it with the same email addresses that are working when you add users in SharePoint groups? If you don't have your SMTP server setup for relaying, email will only go to internal addresses but won't make it external addresses (gmail.com, hotmail.com....).

If you continue to have issues, check the SharePoint log file - it should have an error with the reason the email was not delivered.