Error when attempting to insert web part

Hello,

I downloaded the web part pack to use on my web site.  I have tested that my FBA works correctly, but every time I attempt to insert a web part from the pack into a page, I get the following error:

Error: This page contains content or formatting that is not valid. You can find more information in the affected sections.

I have undeployed and redeployed, as well as tried placing in different sections of the site to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I created a web part page, and inserting the web part worked fine.  Now when I attempt to create a user through the web part, I get an error on submit saying "Unknown Error"

The content or format that is not valid is because of the validation controls on the web part.  You have to fill in all of the required fields on the web part before you save.  This is a general SharePoint issue with web parts with validation controls.

The unknown error is probably due to your SharePoint email settings, and it's unable to send an email.  If you check the SharePoint log file, you should see the full exception that is causing the unknown error.

Thanks for the help.

Would you happen to know of a guide on how to setup the SharePoint email settings to work correctly with FBA; more specifically, your web parts?

Thank you!

There's nothing specific to the FBA Pack for the email configuration, just the standard SharePoint outgoing email needs to be configured for the web parts to work:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263462.aspx

The email setup made it work perfectly.  Thanks so much for the help.