Failed to create a control from assembly 'Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication

After installing the following Windows patches:

Package KB4470199 was successfully changed to the Installed state.
Package KB4470602 was successfully changed to the Installed state.
Package KB4470491 was successfully changed to the Installed state.
Package KB4471320 was successfully changed to the Installed state.

SharePoint is now returning the following error:

Failed to create a control from assembly ‘Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d’, class ‘Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.ChangePasswordMenuItem’: The control with assembly name ‘Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d’ class name ‘Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.ChangePasswordMenuItem’ is not allowed for web at URL ‘https://my.ulliance.com’. The type Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.ChangePasswordMenuItem, Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

It appears that this error is not allowing any sign in pages to site collections on a web application that fba pack is not deployed to from loading.

Just to help clarify, the fba pack is deployed to a different web application then the site we are experiencing issues on, though all these web applications are on the same farm.

Can someone please contact me regarding this issue as soon as possible? We will purchase the required support hours to address this issue.

Thanks.

KB4470199 has a bug that stops SharePoint workflows from working until changes are made to the web.config:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4465015/sharepoint-workflows-stop-after-cve-2018-8421-security-update

I assume this is related, but it is strange, since the safeassembly records should already be registered in the web.config. I would try undeploying/redeploying the solution to the affected SharePoint web application, which should add the required safe assembly records.

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for this suggestion. We just re-deployed the solution, and that does appear to resolve this issue.