FBA Roles not able to add into Sharepoint Groups

Hi,

I am unable to add FBA Roles to my sharepoint Groups.

I have created few user and assigned them to a FBA Role Provider Group called “Uk Sky Visitors” when I try to access this from SP People and groups I am unable to find them ,can you please let me know how it can be done.

I have checked my web.config on the webserver,centraladmin and security token

<add name="FBARoleProvider" connectionStringName="FBADB" applicationName="/" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Thanks

Hi Chris,

I managed to add users top the SharePoint Groups,I realised its case sensitive need to enter full exat name in the people picker.
I have another strange problem even though I added the Role to SharePoint visitor Group the users inside that group should only have restricted read access but the user can still see the site contents option.

This is only happening when a user is added through Membership Request webpart,If added manually that user is getting visitor access working fine as I added Allusers(FBA MemberhipPrfovider) to SP visitor.

Your help wold be much appreciated.

thanks

See this reply to your other post:

The membership request is adding the user to a group automatically at registration time. You can specify the group they are added to. If you haven’t specified a group it’s probably going to the first group in the list of groups.

1 Like