FBA Users not appearing in people picker

Hi,

Question for you, all of my FBA users can login without issue, I however as an admin can't see individual accounts in the people picker.

Any ideas on what I should be seeing and why it wouldn't be working?

Thanks!
Can you manage the users using the FBA Pack User Management page? If so, then the people picker should be working as well.

If not, then you probably have an issue with your membership provider setup in your web application web.config/machine.config. The login uses the membership provider configuration from the securitytokenservice web.config - so that one is probably ok. Make sure that the membership provider settings for your web application match that of your securitytokenservice, and that they're running under the same user accounts (or at least both user accounts have access to membership database).
ccoulson wrote:
Can you manage the users using the FBA Pack User Management page? If so, then the people picker should be working as well.

If not, then you probably have an issue with your membership provider setup in your web application web.config/machine.config. The login uses the membership provider configuration from the securitytokenservice web.config - so that one is probably ok. Make sure that the membership provider settings for your web application match that of your securitytokenservice, and that they're running under the same user accounts (or at least both user accounts have access to membership database).
Yes we can manage the users, just can't see them in the people picker.

Both web app/security token service run under the same account that has user access to database.

I'm assuming the configs are in the the SharePoint root somewhere?
It depends on how it's been setup. Sometimes the membership provider is setup in the machine.config, which the web application inherits (my preference) and sometimes in the web.config for the web application itself. I find it easiest to find the web.config using IIS. Just right click on the web application in iis, click explore and the folder for the web application will open that will contain the web.config.

However if you can manage users with the FBA Pack user management page, I'd say the membership provider is setup properly (or the user management page wouldn't work). So you can't find existing fba users when assigning permissions on the SharePoint permission pages? Has the people picker web.config settings been changed from the default? (default settings work fine for me)
Basically using FBA Management page, I can give users access to anything via group.

If I try to give them direct access to items in SharePoint or say set an alert, the people picker doesn't display any FBA user. Bit stumped with this one as I'm not sure what's wrong.
The only thing I can think of is that your people picker settings in your web.config were changed - i'd take a look at that.