Getting "The resource object with key 'UserMgmt_Title' was not found" when activating FBA feature in new site collections and attempting to manage users in that new collection

Getting "The resource object with key 'UserMgmt_Title' was not found" when activating FBA feature in new site collections and attempting to manage users in that new collection. Existing site collections allow user management without a problem.

SP2010 SP1 April 2013 CU.

Full log entry is (with debug turned on...)

Any idea what is happening?

System.Web.HttpException: The resource object with key 'UserMgmt_Title' was not found. at System.Web.Compilation.ResourceExpressionBuilder.ParseExpression(String expression, Type propertyType, ExpressionBuilderContext context) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.SPSatelliteResourceExpressionBuilder.ParseExpression(String expression, Type propertyType, ExpressionBuilderContext context) at System.Web.UI.BoundPropertyEntry.ParseExpression(ExpressionBuilderContext context) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.FillUpBoundPropertyEntry(BoundPropertyEntry entry, String name) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.AddBoundProperty(String filter, String name, String expressionPrefix, String expression, ExpressionBuilder expressionBuilder, Object parsedExpressionData, Boolean generated, String fie... ad10c31a-4338-4cb1-be1b-904da3492df9
07/24/2013 16:49:52.09* w3wp.exe (0x10CC) 0x2A60 SharePoint Foundation Runtime tkau Unexpected ...ldName, String formatString, Boolean twoWayBound) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttribute(String filter, String attribname, String attribvalue, Boolean mainDirectiveMode) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttributes(ParsedAttributeCollection attribs) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.Init(TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Type type, String tagName, String id, IDictionary attribs) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateBuilderFromType(TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Type type, String tagName, String id, IDictionary attribs, Int32 line, String sourceFileName) at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, Str... ad10c31a-4338-4cb1-be1b-904da3492df9
07/24/2013 16:49:52.09* w3wp.exe (0x10CC) 0x2A60 SharePoint Foundation Runtime tkau Unexpected ...ing id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) ad10c31a-4338-4cb1-be1b-904da3492df9
If it can't find the resource files, then likely something happened with the deployment to that web application. Perhaps it was undeployed? Go into Central Admin and redeploy the solution package to the web application that's having issues.
Thank you for your response.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand "Go into Central Admin and redeploy the solution package to the web application that's having issues". The only component in the farm features and solutions space related to this FBA package is the feature "SharePoint 2010 FBA Pack Diagnostics Service". There is no farm solution related to this FBA package to be redeployed to a web app. I'm seeing this on 2 separate farms (prod/dev) on which this has been installed.

How might I redeploy this?

Paul
Central Admin -> System Settings -> Manage Farm Solutions
Yes, I had done a search for FBA in the CA farm solutions page and found nothing. It turns out it's spelled out for this particular solution. An oversight caused by prior familiarity with a previous iteration of a similar solution with "FBA" in the solution name.

Deployed successfully. Many thanks for clarifying!
Chris - thanks so much for your invaluable blog posts re configuring FBA, and this pack looks great, but I'm having a bit of trouble very similar to the issue in this thread. I've deployed successfully, but the links under "Users and Permissions' all fail except for FBA Membership Request Management, which allowed me to create and approve a request, though I can't really do anything with it. Clicking Site config, User management or role management all get "the resource object with key 'xxx' was not found." I have gone into manage farm solutions and checked that the status is deployed. I retracted and redeployed it and it looks good. Any ideas?

Thanks!

David
Have you checked Manage Farm Solutions in Central Admin and tried redeploying to the Web Application where you're experiencing issues?

Or are you actually trying to use the FBA Pack directly within Central Admin? If so, it's mean to be used directly in your SharePoint site collections.
Hi Chris,

Yes, I did go in to Manage Farm Solutions, it was deployed successfully on my root site collection; I retracted and redeployed. My root site is http://servername, but I'm using host named site collections if that makes a difference. My CA is http://servername:randomport. The site that I want FBA ASAP is http://share.differentdomain.org

Does it seem strange that Membership Request Management seems to work but the others don't?

thanks again.
That is strange that the retraction and redeploy didn't do it. Maybe try redeploying from the WSP via powershell.

If anything will work, it will be the membership request management, as it's just a SharePoint list. The other pieces are all custom application pages or web parts.
I'd actually already tried through powershell before finding this thread and attempting redeploy through CA>MFS

I must be missing something basic; I followed your 4 part guide very closely and that all seems to work fine, though I haven't tested manually creating a user in IIS/asp db. I am pretty newbie at SP though I've been intensely immersing myself in it. Do you think there might be some requisite service that is not configured properly or at all? Some log I can check for better info?

Thanks
You can check the sharepoint log, but if you're getting a resource not found error, it really sounds like a deployment issue (specifically that the resource files (and probably other things) were not deployed).

For the error message "the resource object with key 'xxx' was not found"
Is the value actually xxx, or is it an actual value?
the error message contains the actual resource name, not xxx. such as UserMgmt_Title

I'll retry tonight...

thanks
OOOOOKKKKK

as is said, sharepoint newbie. I was trying in the CA site, selecting the appropriate site collection and site and using the pack there.

When i go to the site settings within the actual site collection/site, it works. DOH

thanks!