I want to create a three zone Sharepoint site.
I thought (based on what I read in this discussion forum) I will configure it as follows:
- Root zone with anonymous access / FBA
- containing a landing page for public as well as the 'Membership Request', 'Change Password' and 'Password Recovery' pages using the web parts from the FBA pack
- Extranet An extended zone with FBA and Windows auth
- (accessible by external authenticated users)
- Intranet An extended zone with Windows Authentication only
- (accessible by internal staff / employees) containing the secure content as well as 'Manage users' and 'Manage roles' pages from FBA pack.
Currently I have FBA pack installed on the root web. Do I need to re-install the FBA Pack on each of the extended zones that uses FBA?
Any feedback on the above set up would be appreciated - is it the best way to secure and separate the two zones?