I:0#.f|fbamembershipprovider|

Hi

All the sudden, the FBA provider name is displayed in Created BY and Modify By in document library. Is there a way just display person name?

i:0#.f|fbamembershipprovider|vguo

Thanks

Victor

You can edit the display name in the FBA User Management page. The display name is stored in SharePoint in each SharePoint site collection, so if you use the users in a different site collection the names will have to be re-entered.

Thanks. That fixed the issue. Just curious how the provider name got there. It was working properly before.  

That's the default name SharePoint uses when a display name isn't set.  The two reasons I know for a display name not being set are:

• Using the fba user in a new site collection where the display name has not been previously set
  • There's also a bug in sharepoint where if an FBA user adds an alert on a list, their display name gets reset.

Any alerts on a list?

Is there a way to see the alerts set by a user?

ccoulson wrote:

You can edit the display name in the FBA User Management page. The display name is stored in SharePoint in each SharePoint site collection, so if you use the users in a different site collection the names will have to be re-entered.

After manually change display name through FBA User Management page, the name comes back with prefix i:0#.f|fbamembershipprovider. Any idea?

Thanks.

Kontrol: Yes, I believe any alerts trigger this behaviour.

To see alerts:

Site Settings -> Site Administration -> User Alerts

VictorGuo: I'm not sure why this would be happening. Are other changes you make being saved. Does this only affect certain users, or all users? Does the affected user have any alerts set on a list?

I have the problem with 2 users on my SP. But none of them has alert. Nobody in the system has any alerts. With my own user I created an alert on a list, and yet the name wasn't reset.

The only hint I received from the client about this issue is that he was "leveraging the user security". And still I'm unable to reproduce the problem.

It is still occurring everyday at the same time like a trigger or timer job is running, but last time I did check, nothing was running at this hour.