Install issue

Morning, I am installing the FBA pack on a virtualized instance of SPS2010. I have created the web application for the extranet FBA using the article attached. When I run the SharePoint Mgmt shell with elevated privileges and invoke the deploy, ps1 script, the script starts but never completes. It displays "Waiting to finish job-solution-deployment-visigo.sharepoint.formsbasedauthentication.wsp-0' which is then followed by a series of periods indicating it is trying to complete but never moves beyond this point.

I have disabled UAC on the server to eliminate that as a potential cause. Any ideas as to what is causing the script to hang?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Make sure that both the SharePoint 2010 Administration and Sharepoint 2010 Timer services are running. 

If you still have issues, check Central Admin - Farm Solutions and Undeploy/Uninstall the Visigo.SharePoint.FormsBasedAuthentication solution if it exists.

If you still have issues after that, try manually deploying it with the 'Add-SPSolution' powershell command, and then completing the deployment by installing and deploying via Central Admin - Farm Solutions, and finally enabling the feature in the Site's Site Collection Features.