Membership Request not working as i thought

I have the impression that if i use the request membership web part, these requests should appear in FBA Membership Request Management area of the site settings. I have selected the box Review Membership Requests: in FBA site configuration. If this is correct i must have something misconfigured as i do not see these requests in that area. i do see the user added to FBA User Management with active set to no. Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong?
If "Review Membership Requests" is checked, then yes, the request should appear in the FBA Membership Request Management area. The user registering should also get an email stating that their membership is Pending. If they don't get the email, then something is amiss. Most likely having to do with the email configuration in SharePoint or the Relaying setup of your SMTP server. Check the SharePoint log file, which should give more details on the issue.

I am testing this on a dev system and I have not setup the firewall to allow access to send emails, so I know that no emails are getting sent. Could that cause the request to not show up in the Membership Request Management area?

Steven Albrecht

Academic Systems Administrator

Academic Technology and Extended Learning

University of Colorado

303-315-3682

Yes, unfortunately membership request web part depends on being able to send emails, so unfortunately it will not work if your email is not working.

Thanks I will correct the email question and then maybe it will work!

Steven Albrecht

Academic Systems Administrator

Academic Technology and Extended Learning

University of Colorado

303-315-3682

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Albrecht, Steven
Subject: Re: Membership Request not working as i thought [sharepoint2013fba:438232]

Yes, unfortunately membership request web part depends on being able to send emails, so unfortunately it will not work if your email is not working.