Need new fields in registration form

Hi Chris:

Been using your solution for a while now, THANK YOU!!!!

I've got a project that will require use to capture some information from the user when they register so we know which role to place them in.  Can I add new fields in registration form such as text boxes, drop downs and checkboxes?

TIA, Milo

Absolutely.  You can add the controls to the web part templates, and then add some code to the membership request web part to save the values. Just follow what's been done for the existing control's and you should be ok.

Hi Milo,

I did this exact same thing this week. I added more text boxes and a combo box to capture additonal fields for the Registration process.  Let me know if you would like the steps I followed. Are you a developer? If so have you downloaded the source code already.

Frank

Frank:

Thank you for the email. I'm not a developer but know enough to break stuff. I'm actually contracting with Chris to customize the form and process. Alot quicker and painless than me trying it.

Thanx again.

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:40:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Need new fields in registration form [Sharepoint2010FBA:406543]

Hi Milo,
I did this exact same thing this week. I added more text boxes and a combo box to capture additonal fields for the Registration process. Let me know if you would like the steps I followed. Are you a developer? If so have you downloaded the source code already.
Frank
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Sharepoint2010FBA@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email Sharepoint2010FBA@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
frank_c wrote:

Hi Milo,

I did this exact same thing this week. I added more text boxes and a combo box to capture additonal fields for the Registration process.  Let me know if you would like the steps I followed. Are you a developer? If so have you downloaded the source code already.

Frank

Hi Frank,

Could you let me know the steps you followed to capture additional fields? Where did you store the new fields?

Thanks.

Hi,

@meku - Did Frank_c tell you where he stored the new fields?

@ccoulson - Where is the best place to store the extra columns if you only have SP Foundation? Is it advisable to extend the User Information List or to create a new List altogether?
I have put new columns both in he User Information List, as well as a new List - depending on the needs of the client. 90% of the time, I extend the User Information List, as that's where the FBA Pack stores the Full Name field.
Thanks. I have used the User Information List for the updates that I needed.