Password Change Error

Hello all,

I am using FBA with an AD store and I cant seem to be able to change passwords. When I try to change a password I get an unexpected error. Here is what is in the logs:

06/15/2011 10:04:12.43  w3wp.exe (0x1208)                        0x1730 SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.    at Microsoft.Office.Server.Security.LdapMembershipProvider.ChangePassword(String name, String oldPwd, String newPwd)     at System.Web.Security.MembershipUser.ChangePassword(String oldPassword, String newPassword)     at System.Web.Security.MembershipUser.ChangePassword(String oldPassword, String newPassword, Boolean throwOnError)     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ChangePassword.AttemptChangePassword()     at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ChangePassword.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args)     at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(... 8497394b-52bf-41ab-9d83-ed8c4aad5e54

06/15/2011 10:04:12.43* w3wp.exe (0x1208)                        0x1730 SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 8497394b-52bf-41ab-9d83-ed8c4aad5e54

Does the tool only work with SQL stores?

Thank you!

It's only been tested against the SQLMembershipProvider - but it is coded against the base membership provider, so theoretically it should work with any membership provider.  From the error though, it looks like the LdapMembershipProvider hasn't implemented all of the methods of the base membership provider - so you're out of luck unless you want to either:

Inherit from the LDAPMembershipProvider and fill in the methods that have not been implemented

or

Modify the source of the FBA Pack to work around any methods that haven't been implemented.