Sharepoint FBA pack 1.0.3 [Default Zone Webpart issue]

Hello,

I've got the latest version 1.0.3 install but running into the same issue described here http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/discussions/255363

In a nutshell, I've the default zone running on NTLM & Intranet on FBA. The NTLM website gives an unexpected error when any of the webparts are added.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Regards,

Harish

That should have all been fixed in 1.02. Do the user / role management features work? Do the web parts work when logged into the Intranet zone?  Can you please check your log file and post the details of the errors?

Thanks,

Chris

These the following things I've checked,

1. Membership Provider is added to both the web.config's.

2. Default zone is NTLM. Intranet is FBA

3. FBA is running against SQL.

4. I'm using a domain admin account.

When I try to access my webapp running on NTLM, I see the foloowing the int he ULS logs,

Application error when access /SitePages/Home.aspx, Error=Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
 at Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.Utils.GetMembershipProvider(HttpContext context)   
 at Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.MembershipRequestWebPart.AddCreateUserControl()   
 at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()   
 at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()   

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  
 at Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.Utils.GetMembershipProvider(HttpContext context)   
 at Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.MembershipRequestWebPart.AddCreateUserControl()   
 at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Full logs file is located @ http://www.sendspace.com/file/urmei4

Harish

Do the user / role management features work? (Under Site Settings)

Can you login to the Intranet zone as an FBA user? (You should still be able to do this even without the FBA Pack installed)

Thanks,

Chris

I've managed to get this working by adding the connection strings under the web.config for the default zone (which is running in NTLM). I'm running into a new issue though... No matter how many times I uninstall\reinstall the solution always the "Membership Review List" gives this error, 

I've checked the following,

1. The folder FBA management exists under 14\Template\Features

2. The memership review list folder also exists.

3. Have tried stsadm and powershell to enable the feature.

Note: I had installed the old CKS for MOSS in this sever(farm) before, could that cause this issue?

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

From the error it sounds like the list that the Membership Review list uses didn't get installed properly.  It could potentially be because of the previous CKS installation - maybe the lists are conflicting.

I'd go into Central Admin -> System Settings -> Manage Farm Solutions and remove the FBA Pack as well as any CKS solutions that exist in there.  And then redeploy the FBA Pack.

I had to rebuild the farm. It worked after that. Now an another issue cropped up,

1. In the home page I add the Memebership request webpart

2. Users fills in that info.

3. After clicking on create user

In the FBA Membership request management -> I don't see the new user request.

I've confirmed the following things,

1. user has permissions to the list & the site

2. Workflow timer service is started.

3. I'm able to add manually items to the "membership review list"

4. In the Site config -> I've enabled -> Review membership requests.

Thanks for your assistance ccoulson.

Harish

Glad to hear that you got it working.  Does the user get a Membership Pending email? If no, you probably need to look at your SharePoint email settings. If you do get the emails, check the SharePoint log file and see if there are any errors logged.  

Do all of the other web parts, management pages work properly?

It turned out to be very simple, there was no sufficient permissions in the "Membership review list". Thanks for your assistance ccoulson.

Harish

Hello,

i configured the FBA to my web application and deployed the pack solution successfully but i'm facing some problems in using the FBA web parts...getting this error when trying 

to add membership request or password recovery web part :

Error: This page contains content or formatting that is not valid. You can find more information in the affected sections

any suggestions plz 

and thnx in advance

Regards,

I haven't seen that one before.  Can you try and add the web parts to a new page.  And if that doesn't work, maybe try changing the page layout or try using the default master page (if you're using a customized master page).  My guess is that it's conflicting with something else on the page.  Can you add other web parts successfully? Can you add the Change Password web part successfully?

i changed the page layout and it worked :)

Thank u very much

Regards

i have two questions plz

1.when i request a membership in my sharepoint site through membership request i found that the user's name has been added to the database in the user table despite of the user's status being pending also the "is approved" field is set to true,and there is a password 

assigned in the password field though no password was entered in the membership request form.can't understand what's going on

2-i added the membership request in a web page but the approval button is disabled then though i'm the site admin i couldn't approve the page to be viewable by other users

Any Help 

1. The user is automatically created by the underlying CreateUserWizard control. It acts as a placeholder until the user has been approved. Once the user is approved, the user gets recreated.  If someone were able to determine the password for the user, they still would not be able to login to SharePoint as the user is not granted any permissions until the user is approved.

2. SharePoint will not let you save a page with a web part that includes validation controls, until the controls validate.  So to save the page you must fill in the fields including the captcha and then click save.  You don't have to actually create the user.

Hi,

I added membership request webpart to an application page. When the new user comes and sign up(request membership) the user is not getting any email and in the membership request list no item is added. When I add

this webpart in any site page it is creating an item in the site membership review list. But if I add a link in the login page to this site page with membership webpart new user cannot access the site page without loging in? or

can we make this sitepage accessable.

It should work.  Make sure that you have the latest version of the FBA Pack - earlier versions did have problems with anonymous application pages.  You can follow the instruction on this post for creating an anonymous application page with the FBA Pack web parts:

http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/discussions/259533

Alternatively you can add the web parts to a regular SharePoint page and turn on anonymous access for the web application.  You'll also have to enable it in the site permissions - either anonymous access for the whole site, or for lists and libraries and then you'll have to give anonymous access to the list containing your page. There's some more info here:

http://www.topsharepoint.com/enable-anonymous-access-in-sharepoint-2010

Thank you. Its working for application pages after deploying the latest version

Hi, I successfully made it to work in our qa environment but facing the same issue(anonymous application page) in the staging environment.I deployed the same wsp file, which was working fine in qa, to staging.

Is it the same error with the email? Are you sure email is configured properly on staging? Have you checked the log files for error messages?

I am getting emails for the alerts in the lists. And also if I place this membershiprequest webpart in the sitepage it is sending emails and user is created. From the application page I am getting the problem I am not getting the

membership success page instead it is redirecting to the login page when I click create user button and no email sent and member is not created.