"Site Membership Review List" not created using membership review list schema.xml



I am using Visigo.sharepoint.formsbasedauthentication version 1.2.0.

Once i got the below error.


Invalid file name.

The file name you specified could not be used. It may be the name of an existing file or directory, or you may not have permission to access the file.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

so i have deleted the "Site Membership Review List" deactivated the FBA management feature and then activated it. But this time the columns in the list are different especially Date Submitted and Status. Instead of "Date Submitted" it is showing "Date Created" and "Status" field has values like "Not started, Published, Reviewed, Final, etc", But the "Status" field should have only "Pending, Approved and Rejected" in the drop-down.

While activating the "FBA management" feature it is not taking the Schema.xml from Features folder to create this "Site Membership Review List". Please help me to solve this issue.


I'm not sure what would cause the Invalid File Name, or the change in the columns in the list, but upgrading to 1.3.1 should solve the problem, as it will recreate the list.  There's also a lot of bug fixes in 1.3.1, so it's recommended.


ccoulson, thanks for your immediate response.

Actually my problem is, when i activate the "Visigo FBA Management feature" the "Site Membership Review List" is created. But the fields "Date Created" (It should be Date Submitted) and "Status" are using default column definitions. As a result the "Status" column shows values "Not Started, Draft, Reviewed, Scheduled, Published, Final and Expired" in the drop-down instead of showing the Status values "Pending, Approved and Rejected". Even if i change the column values using list settings the event handler is not getting triggered on changing the Status values.

Please help me on this.


Installing version 1.3.1 should fix your problems. There was a pretty big bug fix relating to the triggering of the Membership Review List event handler. Using the deploy script, the existing list will be dropped and rebuilt properly for this version.  If you don't use the deploy script, ensure that you deactivate and activate after installing to ensure the same result.


I'm having the same issue - I have tried to activate and deactivate multiple times - the list definition is wrong. 


And you're on version 1.3.1?




Ok, i'll try and reproduce it on my side. Are you running anything out of the ordinary on the server? Any other 3rd party solutions? Are you running

SharePoint 2010 SP1 on Windows 2008 R2?  Any SharePoint Cumulative Updates applied?




Also, are you using Foundation, Standard or Enterprise? (All of my testing is on Foundation)




Enterprise 2010, June 2011 on the CU. No other 3rd party solution. 


So I went into the site columns and removed the "status" column from the "Core Document Columns", I then de-activated the feature and activated it and now I have the correct status. I would recommend switching the column name from "Status" to "Member Status" to help remove potential name collisions. 


Glad to hear that you were able to solve this. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce this on my end - I have Status in the Core Document Columns and the Membership Review List always gets rebuilt properly when I deactivate/activate the feature.

I do like your suggestion of renaming the field. I've raised an issue for this: