Trying to add webpart on a page Error:This page contains content or formatting that is not valid. You can find more information in the affected sections

Im new to Sharepoint, when i try to add a page and add any of the FBA Webparts, i get an Error:This page contains content or formatting that is not valid. You can find more information in the affected sections. I have checked my SMTP configuration and its working just fine and also the validation part of the webpart.

When SharePoint saves the page, it checks the field validation on the web part. So you have to enter valid values into the webpart fields (email address, name etc…) before saving the page.

I did that by entering my password for the account i was using but still gave me the error.

Do i need to use an FBA account to add the webpart?

Oh - I reread your question - so you’re getting this error as soon as you try to add the webpart to your page? I was thinking it was happening when you saved the page. Can you add other webparts to the page? Can you access the FBA User Management pages in settings with the same user?

Im getting the error as soon as I save/publish the webpart. Im able to figure it out I used a different account. Would assume it could have been a permission issue and the account i was using earlier didnt have the right access. Thanks for your help!