Unable to open the FBA Password Recovery and password recovery web part from custom login page

Hi Chris,
Previously I posted this query and you mention to retract FBA visigo and deploy my custom silution but still same problem,I have retracted the visigo FBA pack and deployed my solution then I deployed visigo fba pack through visual studio.
previously when I deploy your FBA 2016 directly through powershell then the webpart is working fine without any issue but I don’t understand what is difference between deploying through powershell and deploying through visual studio.

when I try to open the web part I am getting the conflict error message on my browser,but the same webparts are opening normally when added to SP site pages

Sorry, something went wrong An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. The namespace ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication\v4.0_1.0.0.0__9dba9f460226d31d\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll’ conflicts with the type ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\GG.Login.Custom\v4.0_1.0.0.0__3be65d29ada5b22f\GG.Login.Custom.dll’

I have added the webparts to my custom login page and trying open from there which is not working but when I added the webparts to any of the sp pages then its working
did you come across this kind of issue before with any of your clients?
Thanks

Deploying through powershell or VS should essentially be the same - the same commands are being run on SharePoint. The issue in this case is because the FBA Pack dll still remains in the GAC (I would expect it to be removed when retracted + removed from sharepoint) and you have renamed the project, but not the components inside the project. So it’s seeing 2 copies of these components and complaining. You can probably get around these errors by either ensuring the fba pack assembly is removed from the GAC OR just leaving your project named Visigo.SharePoint.FormsBasedAuthentication - as it will overwrite the existing assembly.

Thanks Chris ,I will give a try .

Hi,
When retracted the dll file is removing from folder + SharePoint but when deployed again the Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll storing under the location C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication\v4.0_1.0.0.0__9dba9f460226d31d

you mean changing my “GG.Login.Custom” project name to "Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication"
I have not renamed the fba pack project the project name is "Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication"

My both project names are GG.Login.Custom and Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication

Do I need to rename the solution? aswell as assembly?

In the error message it showing ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication\v4.0_1.0.0.0__9dba9f460226d31d\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll’ conflicts with the type ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\GG.Login.Custom\v4.0_1.0.0.0__3be65d29ada5b22f\GG.Login.Custom.dll’

I cant find from where the name ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ is picking up

site URL https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/_layouts/15/GG.Login.Custom/PasswordReset.aspx

I tried deployed through powershell but iam getting the same issue,you asked to delete the fba pack dll from the folder if I delete then the complete fba pack is not working as its saying the reference assembly was missing.

I have customised FBA pack and everything is set to GO,If this wepart cant publish on custom login page then all my time on customising will get useless as my main requirement is anonyms user from outside the domain should acess this as I cant set webpart on sharepoint pages because anonyms access will not work for this fba users.

Thanks

I’m not sure what GG.Login.Custom is - usually I just put everything in one project. But from the errors it sounds like you’ve copied some components from the fba pack and added them to GG.Login.Custom - so there’s 2 copies of the components and they are conflicting. You’ll have to find the conflicting components in GG.Login.Custom and remove them, and just refer to the FBA Pack ones. If you do a full text search of all files in GG.Login.Custom for ‘visigo’ you should be able to find what you copied over.

Hi Chris,
I will make it simple for you to understand what I am doing.

I have custom login page VS project “GG.Login.Custom” all I am trying to do is adding a Password Recovery webpart to this.

I have also mentioned you that I have two projects but at present I am only using your standard Sharepoint2016FBAPack.1.3.6 which I just deployed through PowerShell I am not using my custom FBA pack VS project.

I have deployed your “Sharepoint2016FBAPack.1.3.6” then I can see a assemble dll file stored under "Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll’ under GAC_MSIL

also my GG.Login.Custom.dll which is my custom login page project file under same GAC_MSIL folder

I have read some of your posts saying to add an application page and give Allow AnonymousAccess to true in cs.I have followed this link Reset password on login page before user authenticates

I have created an application page in GG.Login.Custom under Layouts and added the tag prefix script <%@ Register TagPrefix=“FBA” Namespace=“Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication”
Assembly=“Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d” %>
in the body added
<asp:Content ID=“Main” ContentPlaceHolderID=“PlaceHolderMain” runat=“server”>
<FBA:PasswordRecoveryWebPart runat=“server” />
</asp:Content>

and I added the link PasswordReset.aspx page on my Login.aspx page

The conflicting item is Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication in Application page in GG.Login.Custom.

when I try to open the PasswordReset link in custom login page I am getting the same error
’ An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. The namespace ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication\v4.0_1.0.0.0__9dba9f460226d31d\Visigo.Sharepoint
conflicts with the type ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\GG.Login.Custom\v4.0_1.0.0.0__3be65d29ada5b22f\GG.Login.Custom.dll’ error message ,I did the same procedure initially when I setup this a month ago it works absolutely fine but I am not sure what has gone wrong.

I just followed as you mentioned in the post for creating the application page.

I have just deployed your Sharepoint2016FBAPack.1.3.6 and the other one my GG.Login.Custom VS project I believe the only way I can create the application page is in VisualStudio GG.Login.Custom

It would be very helpful if you could point me in correct direction.

Thanks again for your help.

Essentially in your gg.login.custom project you are creating items with the Visigo.SharePoint namespace, so you’re getting these conflict errors. You can reference the Visigo.SharePoint namespace items, but you can’t include Visigo.SharePoint items in the project - they will conflict with the fba pack library you also have installed. You mentioned about adding a password recovery web part to it - did you copy the whole password recovery web part into the gg.login.custom project? If so, that’s probably what’s causing the problem. Either way, just search for visigo.sharepoint in your gg.login.custom project to identify any objects causing the conflict.

Hi Chris,

A folder called visigo created under my GG.Login.Custom project once I removed that from my project the conflict message not appearing which I believe that visigo folder creating the conflict.

I have not included Visigo.SharePoint item in the project.

I have not copied whole password recovery web part into the GG.Login.Custom project.

In my application page under layouts folder I have just added register directive to the assembly that contains the control

<%@ Register TagPrefix="FBA" Namespace="Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication"
    Assembly="Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d" %>

And then in the body just reference the control itself:
<asp:Content ID=“Main” ContentPlaceHolderID=“PlaceHolderMain” runat=“server”>
<FBA:PasswordRecoveryWebPart runat=“server” />
</asp:Content>

In the support forum you have replied to same query about adding web part to custom login page,Adding MembershipRequestWebPart.webpart to CustomLogin-Page

I followed the same procedure as mentioned after deploying
when I click on the PasswordReset its back to same signin page , its not going to PasswordReset.aspx page.

and when I click on MembershipRequest link on login page memrshiprequest.aspx opening with an error message sorry something went wrong.
when checked the logs http response200
S ending HTTP response 200 for HTTP request GET to https://nhsgaccesstest.nhsg.grampian.scot.nhs.uk/_layouts/15/GG.Login.Custom/MembershipRequest.aspx 50c9a69e-6b5e-8058-0000-00349b7741b8
SharePoint Foundation Monitoring b4ly Medium Leaving Monitored Scope: (Request (GET:https://nhsgaccesstest.nhsg.grampian.scot.nhs.uk/_layouts/15/GG.Login.Custom/MembershipRequest.aspx)) Execution Time=21.3694; CPU Milliseconds=12; SQL Query Count=1; Parent=None 50c9a69e-6b5e-8058-0000-00349b7741b8
SharePoint Foundation Usage Infrastructure d0i1 Monitorable Write trace failed for type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPRequestUsageEntry with errorCode 8 50c9a69e-6b5e-8058-0000-00349b7741b8

Thanks

I’m not sure. It looks like i’d have to take a look at the code and maybe your environment to resolve. If you’re interested, we offer that through our support plan:
https://www.visigo.com/products/sharepoint-fba-pack/support-plan/

Hi Chris,
I have checked with my manager and he is not interested to get paid support.
I have checked adding the password recovery web part to login page and its displaying ,Think I need recreate the application pages and add the web part.