Various issues - Please Help

Can you please help me - _Status issue is similar to an issue another user had.

1. The deployment package failed on Activation. 

During deployment the following text appeared on Powershell:

Going to install solution to all web applicationsWaiting for job to finishWaiting to finish job solution-deployment-visigo.sharepoint.formsbasedauthentication.wsp-0......Finished waiting for job..Going to enable Feature

Enable-SPFeature : Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.At C:\Share\Deploy.ps1:56 char:17+ Enable-spfeature <<<<  -identity $featureName -confirm:$false -url $url    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...etEnableFeature:   SPCmdletEnableFeature) [Enable-SPFeature], InvalidOperationException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletEnableFeature

I had a look at the site - and it appeared to have installed the Pack - but just failed the last stage - so did the Activation manually.  And everything appeared to work....

2. Error registering a new user with the FBA Web part:

When I register a new user using the web part, it says "Unknown error". When I checked the Event Log, I found the following error: 

An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:\n\n
Subject Name: CN=www.xxx.com, OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R),
OU=blah blah, C=blah blah\n
Issuer Name: CN=RapidSSL CA, O="GeoTrust, Inc.", C=US\n
Thumbprint: blah blah\n\n
Errors:\n\n The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority..

Edit: I went to Sharepoint Central Admin -> Security ->Manage Trust and added my SSL certificate - but it made no difference.

3.  Strange Event Log message - ['column _Status' missing]

I am getting the following error in the event log:

Error loading and running event receiver Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.MembershipReviewHandler in Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9dba9f460226d31d. Additional information is below.

: Column '_Status' does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.  /Pages

You suggested to another user to redeploy. I am scared if I did that, all my pages where I have configured the Webparts will be lost.

4. Where are the new users created using the page being saved?

I used the  Site Membership Review List page and clicked on New item to add a new user. However, I do not see the user in the FBA SQL database - but see it in the sharepoint page....

1) This will happen if the url for the site collection is either not entered on the command line, or is invalid.  Just activating manually does solve this though, as you've found out. You don't need to do anything further.

2) This is because it is loading the email template from your ssl secured site. I think the issue is that you actually have to register the public key of the root authority, not your certificate itself. There's some instructions in this discussion on how to do that:

http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/discussions/260121

3) Several other users have gotten this as well.  I wish I could reproduce it and find out what is causing it.  The solution does seem to be to do a redeploy. Your webpart configuration should not be lost - I do redeploys all the time (upgrading the version of the FBA Pack) and haven't had any issue losing configured web parts. It's always good to have a backup handy in case you do need to go back for whatever reason, but this should work fine.

4) You don't use the Membership Review List to create new users - only for approving new registered users. Use the Membership Request web part, or the FBA User Management page.

:) Thank you!!  Will try the two things overnight - 

(3) persist despite refresh of FBA AND reinstall of Sharepoint.  Could it be linked to SP1 + Cumulative patches?

I haven't had any issues with SP1.

Maybe try deleting the 'Site Membership Review List' - you can find it in the root of the site collection using SharePoint Designer - and then do a redeploy.

I have the same error. I was not getting this error (that I was able to see) before I enabled Publishing. I reverted back to version 1.1 and got the same problem.

I installed on another SharePoint site (with Publishing enabled) and got the same error there too.

See my answer to your other post here:

http://sharepoint2010fba.codeplex.com/discussions/280468