Query on adding New fields to the MembershipRequestWebpart


#1

Hi Chris

I have added new fiels into MembershipRequestWebPart.cs and MembershipRequest.cs these fields explicitly added to Membership Review sharepoint list and saved that template as manifest.XML under schema.xml.

I would like to know how these new fields get linked with membershipreviewlist source code?do I need to edit the schema.xml to replicate the new fields?

Thanks


#2

The code to populate the Membership Review List is at the bottom of MembershipReview.cs, starting at line 549:


#3

Hi Chris,
I have added new fields and deployed the feature ,when I open the SP site I can see the new fields added under Site Membership Review List but I cant find those fields under memebership request webpart where user enter the details and also the picture is displaying with x as I cant read the picture.

I don’t understand why the new fields are not displaying under front end.


#4

Did you edit the UI templates for the membership request? (Layouts/FBA/WEBPARTS/MembershipRequestWebPart)


#5

Hi Chris ,
I did not edit the UI template,I will edit and give a try.

Thanks


#6

Hi Chris,

I can see the new fields both front and review membership review list ,can I know the reason the picture field grade out x as I did not touch that field either in schema.xml or memberhsiprequest.cs


#7

I’m not sure what picture field you mean. Do you mean the captcha?


#8

Yes.
to enter the characters from captcha .

I have checked the internet options Display mixed content is enable.


#9

I’m not sure - the captcha should work. Perhaps you changed something in the code that broke the captcha? Try removing your custom version of the fba pack and deploy the original version and see if it works.


#10

You can also check the network tab in your browser to see what kind of error message is coming back for that request. That might give you a hint as to what’s going on.


#11

When installed the original version I can see the captcha, I need to dig more to find the actual reason for not working out with custom solution.

Thanks


#12

Hi Chris,

Just wondering did captcha get effected if added any fields in schema? without custom fields if deployed your published one its working but when deployed through feature with 3 custom fields then the captcha broke.
I have added my custom fields to the schema.xml as well do I really need to add the fields under schema?

Thanks


#13

It shouldn’t. I’ve added custom fields and captcha’s have worked just fine afterwards. Maybe there’s something wrong with your build process - have you tried building the fba project clean, with no changes, and deploying it and seen if the captcha still works then?


#14

Also, have you checked event viewer and the SharePoint log files to see if there are any errors recorded that might explain what’s going on?

If not you might have to run it in debug mode to figure out what’s breaking it.


#15

Hi Chris,

I managed to work it out by excluding the captcha (.ashx) as we don’t want the validation, at present the newly added fields get the data into MembershipReviewList which is pretty positive sign and achieved what my client requested.

couple of bits I still need to work out are:
when I edited the user under FBA Membership User management after assigning the group and saved the _layouts/15/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx page with
Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred.
but when GO BACK TO SITE the user is adding to the group successfully

and the 2nd one is when an user click on change password button the page opening with
Sorry, something went wrong
An unexpected error has occurred.

Technically will there be any impact on these parts after adding new fields?

I have not touched the Password Change webpart ,I need to figureout these two issues rest every thing works fine.

Thanks for your Support.


#16

I’d either check the SharePoint log file to find out the error, or debug against SharePoint to see where the exception is coming from.


#17

Hi Chris,

I have checked the logs its pointing an issue with _layouts/15/FBA/ChangePassword.aspx
when I checked my change Password.asp in the last line
<FBA:ChangePasswordWebPart frametype=“None” chrometype=“None” id=“PasswordWebPart” runat=“server”
changepasswordtitletext="" />
a green line under FBA which is Unrecognized tag prefix or device filter ‘FBA’ is this about something above the visual studio version? as I am using Visual Studio 2017.

Thanks


#18

Hi Chris,
Same problem for all aspx pages under Layouts/FBA/Management,I believe the visual studio compatibility ,did you ever get this issues when uploading the codeplex into visual studio and deploying to the sharepoint site ?as these page are absolutely fine when deployed your sharepoint FBA pack from powershell.


#19

Hi Chris,

I think its pointing to _layouts/15/FBA which shouldn’t point to that URL
when I edit the item and save the site URL going to http://xxxxxx/_layouts/15/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx
but it should point to http://xxxxxx/_layouts/FBA/Management/UsersDisp.aspx ,I need to have a deep look in my code for this unexpected redirection.


#20

Hi chris,
when I click on Password recovery webpart ,I gave created new application page and assigned the webpart but still getting the same message.

An error occurred during the compilation of the requested file, or one of its dependencies. The namespace ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication\v4.0_1.0.0.0__9dba9f460226d31d\Visigo.Sharepoint.FormsBasedAuthentication.dll’ conflicts with the type ‘Visigo.Sharepoint’ in ‘c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\GG.Login.Custom\v4.0_1.0.0.0__3be65d29ada5b22f\GG.Login.Custom.dll’